Friday, September 4, 2020

Journey

One of the more favorite current sayings is: "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". I'm not positive that we give enough 'credit' to that first step. It's not just important, it's critical. Where are you going? Do you understand your what, why, when, where, how? Do you allow 'detours' in your journey? Surely you aren't aimlessly going through your life... are you?

The following is what I wrote about my journey and what I am trying to do with my gifting
     We all are on a journey and it’s our life, so it’s a very important 
   journey. My role, I think, is to challenge, suggest options, help you 
   confirm and/or refine you… and to encourage. 
     This is what I try to do with my Facebook page, website, and books. 
   YOU are important and valued, and I want to help you be your best you. 
   Don’t need my help? Your decision. Mine is to present what I feel is 
   important for all of us to know, to understand... and confidently, so we 
   act from a secure and sound foundation.
     You need to know and appreciate who you are and how you go about 
   being you… and keep growing.  

Actually I do get up every day excited about what I will learn in the day and what I may write. In many ways, writing is what defines who I am and what I do... daily. And no, I don't always write each day - but most. I also like to have the mindset that I will learn, discover, explore something either on a deeper level of understanding or something I had never thought about. 

I do realize that the saying says, "... there's nothing new under the sun..." (Ecclesiastes 1:12) [and if you really want to get really depressed, read what's written in this chapter]. Not arguing this point... it may be true. BUT, if it's new to you then it IS NEW, and that, my friend, makes it possible for something new each day. There's soooo much to explore, to discover, to decide what/if to include in your own personal beliefs; there's no end to this adventure.

I've always had sand in my shoe (a very old saying that means you love to travel), which has always captured my fascination. And, eventually, I've learned that I can also do this from my arm chair. There is no limitation to where you can go with all the technological advances we have, especially if you have an active imagination. You can moan about where you are or you can enhance where you are. 

Life is supposed to be lived, not squandered and your attitude determines your journey: lived or squandered. Circumstances are typically what we use to excuse our lack of being engaged in our day. This is not a rose colored moment or attitude, I would never suggest denying what's happening... I would, however, encourage a proactive approach to 'reality'. YOUR journey can be all that you would want it to be. Your choice. You simply have to dare to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment