Thursday, October 22, 2020

The 'every day'

What does your 'every day' look like? Does it make you shudder? Are you bored with it? See no glamour? Do you think that others' every days are more exciting, more fulfilling than yours? How do you populate your 'every day'? Because in the last as well as the first analysis - it is you defines (who and what) your every day. And remember - the days don't all have to be the same nor excite-less.

If your every day is a same o, same o, then change the order of what you feel HAS to be part. No, don't do a major dinner for breakfast... unless you want to. If you have others living their lives with you, you'll probably need to consult with them on the shared components. But take a long look at you and your every days - is a change going to be a positive option? What is not included now that needs inclusion and are there 'things' that have a place but don't need to be daily? What do you do with any 'down time' in the day?

Yes, it does begin with our attitudes and what they are telling us about our selves and time. If you aren't beginning your day with a sense of adventure or anticipation about what could happen, then I think you start your day by shooting yourself in your attitude foot. I remember a time when I was basically grousing about the never changing life I was leading. Yoo Hoo... it's my life... only I could do something about it and if it didn't begin with my attitude, then it really didn't begin.

   "I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But 
    I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously 
    reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I 
    count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, 
    where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, 
    and I’m not turning back." (Philippians 3:13-14, MSG)

What does scripture have to do with 'every day'. Everything... at least for me. When I begin my day with the Lord in prayer or study, then my attitude immediately is different than when I don't. I am more positive, more energized when I start this way. Just a recommendation. When I realize:

   "It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed,
    Because His [tender] compassions never fail
    They are new every morning;
    Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness." 
    (Lamentations 3:22-23, AMP)

If we engage in a new every morning... if we rely on what the Word teaches us, then we too can be new every morning. We can be creative and involved in our day because, yesterday is no more and tomorrow hasn't come. So let's enjoy our day regardless of its routine. Are your eyes on your goal? At the end of the day, what will make you happy. Your 'happy' needs to be woven into the fabric of your every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment